The Outer Worlds Features Companions, Factions, Multiple Endings, And More

owweb

Obsidian

Obsidian’s new RPG, The Outer Worlds, really does look and sound like the Fallout: New Vegas sequel set in outer space that I never knew I wanted.

Judging by the internet’s reaction to the game, I don’t think I’m the only one who sees it that way. People are absolutely losing their minds over this game, and rightly so; it looks like it has the potential to be the next classic RPG.

Obsidian

While the first trailer unveiled during The Game Awards was enough of a tease to whet our appetite, an excellent new interview from RPGSite with Senior Narrative Designer Megan Starks provides us with some super interesting new details on The Outer Worlds.

Firstly, you’ll be glad to know that there will be companions that can join you on your journey. You can romance them, or even piss them off depending on your actions and the individual companions own motivations and morals.

Starks even explained on Twitter that certain companions will have their own allegiances to certain factions in the cosmos, and if you do something they really don’t agree with they’ll leave you for good.

Starks also confirmed what I’m sure you’re all eager to know; you can kill pretty much every NPC you come across, even if they are (or were) important to the story.

She explained:

As a designer, I’m always tempted to just have it made so that you can’t kill this person or that person! But we have a philosophy where we feel like it makes for a better gameplay experience to allow the player to do these sorts of things. You can even kill the scientist [from the trailer] if you want.

The Outer Worlds is due to release on PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 sometime in 2019, and I for one can’t wait to explore the open world and kill everyone I see. If my companions don’t like my actions, I’ll obviously kill them too.



Please share with loved ones. from http://bit.ly/2Lhafgz

The Outer Worlds Features Companions, Factions, Multiple Endings, And More Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown
 

Top