Someone Online Was Curious To Know, “Who Is The Most Famous Person In Your Family?”, And 35 People Decided To Answer The Question

It’s always exciting to see someone famous in a place where you didn’t expect them to be. But what if that well-known person is related to you? Reddit user @LoveSimpleHacks decided to ask people online who is the most famous person in their family. The question that received more than 11k upvotes was answered by folks who not only revealed the names of their celebrity relatives but also shared some additional information about them. 

The list not only includes some well-known names of artists and performers but also scientists and politicians. Some people also shared interesting examples of their relatives who are known for their sports and creative achievements. 

Which one of these do you find most interesting? Do you have someone famous in your family that could be added to the list? Don’t forget to leave your thoughts in the comments down below!

More Info: Reddit

#1

Some elder family members started a genealogy search in case we descended from royalty.
Turns out we come from an infamous gang of highland horse thieves.

Image credits: PunkRockFatBeats

#2

My grandmother was the voice of Betty Rubble... And the blue bonnet chicken in fog horn leg horn, and little red riding hood on bugs bunny (and witcheepoo), and tweetys grandma (along with other women who voiced her) and she was on i love lucy, and she had her own show called Petticoat junction, and she was on Burns & Allen.. and.. so... so.. so many more. Oh, and my grandfather was Red Ryder on TV.

Image credits: Chalky_Cupcake

#3

You know that really famous photo of a bunch of construction workers sitting on a beam at the top of a in progress building in NY from the 30s having lunch? My great grand father is one of those men.


Called "lunch atop a skyscraper"

Image credits: Main-Yogurtcloset-82

#4

My great great grandfather is Samuel Morse. The man who invented Morse code. And go figure, I work as a fiber optic technician. Communications runs in the family.

Image credits: coongr8

#5

We have the voice of Homer Simpson in our family! Dan Castellaneta.

And my grandpa was the first person to import Nike in Africa. Not famous, but pretty cool.

Image credits: shaunibauni

#6

My autistic sister who is the 3rd best paralympic skiier in Sweden

Image credits: Flame_Boi

#7

My dads great uncle, Charlie Becker, was the Mayor of Munchkinland in the original Wizard of Oz. (He also doubled as a flying monkey!)

Image credits: JayzWishHeWereMe

#8

Grandpa's cousin performed 1st successful heart transplant

Image credits: Adonis6969

#9

My stepbrother was the guy who dove into the wedding cake in the "November Rain" video.

Image credits: Jillredhanded

#10

Robert de niro is my uncle in law

Image credits: Oscar5434xdx

#11

Eartha Kitt is my great aunt, so… yeah

Image credits: LongWaysForResults

#12

Not famous in the traditional sense, but I have 4 uncles in my family who are world renowned physicians. One has a patent that is used world wide in cardiac surgery. Another just won India's second most prestigious award for citizens' distinguished service from the President of India himself. Another is retired but used to be the personal physician to the Royal House of Bhutan. The last is one of the top orthopedic surgeons in the world. Pretty astounding achievements in their fields.

Image credits: dhalsim282

#13

One of my great-great uncles escaped from a maximum security jail (Texas, 1920s) and was never caught. He lived under an assumed name for 30 years or so after.

Image credits: Actual-Being4079

#14

Alec Guiness. He is a great great uncle of mine. Most famous in film for playing Obi Wan Kenobi in the original Star Wars trilogy.

Image credits: sounds_kinda_salty

#15

I have two Nobel prize winners in my extended family, JJ Thomson and George Paget Thomson

Image credits: dashboardbythelight

#16

My great-grandmother was Charlie Chaplins niece.

Image credits: tired_gnome

#17

My mum's stepdad is a famous British painter, who's son to another famous British painter, who is grandson to Sigmund Freud

Image credits: hawkeneye1998bs

#18

My dad was an animator and worked on several kids shows like Hey Arnold, SpongeBob, Simpsons etc. His name was super memorable and when I told people my age his name many remembered it from the credits of those shows! He passed away last year young (59) of a random accident

Image credits: pumpkin_pasties

#19

My great uncle designed outfits for Princess Diana

Image credits: Melodic-Material

#20

Hans Zimmer is my grandmothers brother by adoption

Image credits: vik42069

#21

Well, if very distant cousins count, I've recently found out that I'm related to Emmanuel Macron, the current French President, but you have to go back to the 17th century to find the link.

Image credits: KeterLordFR

#22

Sadly me, I've been on American Ninja warrior for about 20 seconds after competing 5 times lol.

Image credits: RojerLockless

#23

I’m third cousins to John Stamos.

Image credits: luvgun21

#24

My great aunt helped develop build and maintain the body suits for the first live action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Probably as close to fame as we get

Image credits: Megalon84

#25

my second cousin is Simon Le bon (the lead singer from Duran Duran) never actually met the dude but still pretty cool

Image credits: The_Absent_One

#26

My great-great-great-great whatever grandfather was part of Queen Victoria's staff, so prolly that.

Image credits: Aggressive_Cherry_81

#27

My aunt worked for Katherine Hepburn and her husband was a part time actor

He had a part role in the movie moonstruck that Cher won a Oscar for

Image credits: CaliforniaAudman13

#28

Living? I have a cousin who won an Emmy. No one would know her name though because she is a producer. She used to produce for letterman.

Image credits: KirkPicard

#29

Avril Lavine is a distant cousin on my dad’s side, only met that side of the family once when I was 12.

Image credits: ExquisiteURL

#30

My uncle founded Pickleball.

Image credits: Tall_guy82

#31

That's me, I high fived with Danny DeVito after punching the "Terminator". BUT, I asked permission for it, wasn't like some random violence. And it was like this fake punch anyways... but yeah. ME! Look at me!

Image credits: letterdonkey

#32

The cook on the old Western show Rawhide.

Image credits: Classic_Head3437

#33

My dad. He got fat shamed on national TV

Image credits: randomisedjew

#34

My big brother won a national short story writing competition

Image credits: SiLeNTkillerbish

#35

My dad because hes pretty much like the guy everybody calls when they need money in his hometown. It sucks a lot but he's generous

Image credits: PythonRevolver



from Bored Panda https://bit.ly/3H7OGLu
via Boredpanda

Someone Online Was Curious To Know, “Who Is The Most Famous Person In Your Family?”, And 35 People Decided To Answer The Question Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown
 

Top