Terrifying New Split Sequel Trailer Sees The Beast On Brutal Rampage

GLASS SPLIT WB

james mcavoy glassUniversal Pictures

Film fans are becoming increasingly excited to see the upcoming superhero thriller Glass which breaks into cinemas in January.

The highly anticipated third instalment in director M. Night Shyamalan’s subversive superhero universe, known as the Eastrail 177 Trilogy, follows on from the events of Unbreakable and Split.

Legendary actor Samuel L Jackson will take on the lead role as Elijah Price, better known as the supervillain Mr. Glass, being flanked by James McAvoy as the Beast from Split and Bruce Willis as the indestructible David Dunn from Unbreakable.

The trailer for the film looks incredible:

In a new TV spot titled ‘Superheroes’, fans are treated to terrifying footage which shows McAvoy’s Beast on a brutal rampage.

McAvoy really showed off his acting talents when he took on the role of the troubled Kevin Wendell Crumb, who has 23 separate personalities, including that of the Beast.

While past trailers have showed how Sarah Paulson’s Dr. Ellie Staple will be caught up in the middle of events, this teaser focuses on McAvoy’s Beast.

james mcavoy glassUniversal Pictures

In the footage the Beast can be seen galloping towards what I guess is some poor soul, lifting up a security car and then dragging some lifeless bodies away from it.

Getting his claws out later in the trailer, McAvoy does plenty of screaming, muscle flexing and fighting.

Towards the end of the video, he is even seen with his hands round the neck of Willis’ Dunn.

Check out the teaser here:

Ever since Unbreakable was released in 2000, there have been rumours Shyamalan was working on a sequel but due to the film’s disappointing box office performance nothing came of it.

Following the success of Split though in 2016, these rumours started again when a stunning after credits sting tied the whole plot into Unbreakable.

Shyamalan told Entertainment Weekly he hoped the film would revive interest in the proposed trilogy saying:

I hope [a third Unbreakable film happens]. The answer is yes. I’m just such a wimp sometimes. I don’t know what’s going to happen when I go off in my room, a week after this film opens, to write the script.

But I’m going to start writing. [I have] a really robust outline, which is pretty intricate. But now the standards for my outlines are higher. I need to know I’ve won already. I’m almost there but I’m not quite there.

It didn’t take Shyamalan long though as three years after the release of Split the sequel will be arriving onto the big screen.

And he is as excited as we are as he told Gizmodo:

Contained thrillers are my sweet spot where I feel the best, where, for lack of a better metaphor, I can run my best offense.

The best version of me can come out where the films are small and the stakes are low and I can try and iterate and take chances.

So it’s been good with these movies Split, and now Glass, it’s been beautiful to really get back to what suits me and going up from there.

If the trailers are anything to go by, Glass will be a new year treat for film fans in January.

Glass will break into UK and US cinemas January 18.



Please share with loved ones. from http://bit.ly/2DubIhZ

Terrifying New Split Sequel Trailer Sees The Beast On Brutal Rampage Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown
 

Top