Kevin Spacey ‘Hasn’t Been Seen Publicly In A Year’

kevin-spacey-web

PA

Kevin Spacey has reportedly not been seen for a year, following allegations of sexual assault that emerged about the actor.

Reports emerged last year that the House of Cards actor invited a 14-year-old boy to his Manhattan apartment for a party back in 1986.

Anthony Rapp revealed the details last year, after which Spacey made a statement in which he apologised for his actions, before coming out as gay.

Speaking to Buzzfeed, Rapp recalled how when he arrived for the ‘party’ he found the actor alone, watching TV in a bedroom before proceeding to lay him on the bed and lie on top of the young boy.

Rapp was a cast member alongside Kevin Spacey in a Broadway production at the time. The Star Trek: Discovery star told Buzzfeed he, ‘still to this day can’t wrap my head around so many aspects of it’, adding: ‘It’s just deeply confusing to me.’

The actor subsequently apologised in a statement, in which he also came out:

The statement read:

I have a lot of respect and admiration for Anthony Rapp as an actor. I’m beyond horrified to hear his story. I honestly do not remember the encounter, it would have been over 30 years ago.

But if I did behave then as he describes, I own him the sincerest apology for what would have been deeply inappropriate, drunken behavior [sic], and I am sorry for the feelings he describes having carried with him all these years.

On a personal note, Spacey continued:

This story has encouraged me to address other things about my life. I know that there are stories out there about me and that some have been fueled by the fact that I have been protective of my privacy.

As those closest to me know, in my life I have had relationships with both men and women. I have loved and had romantic encounters with men throughout my life and I choose now to live as a gay man.

I want to deal with this honestly and openly and that starts with examining my own behavior [sic].

PA

That was the last tweet to come from Spacey’s account, on October 29 last year. And it isn’t just social media he’s disappeared from.

The actor has reportedly not been seen since, and the Daily Mail report that no one has heard from him either.

A friend of Spacey’s told the Mail on Sunday:

He’s become a total recluse. No one has heard from him. He’s vanished. It’s almost unbelievable that someone of his stature can pull it off in a world where everyone has a cell phone.

And Rapp’s allegation was just the beginning of Spacey’s downfall; after he spoke out, others followed and the actor was subsequently fired from House of Cards.

Netflix

Netflix announced back in December that the show was returning for a final series, continuing production without the disgraced actor.

As reported by The Hollywood Reporter, Netflix said in the statement:

Netflix will not be involved with any further production of House of Cards that includes Kevin Spacey. We will continue to work with MRC during this hiatus time to evaluate our path forward as it relates to the show.

We have also decided we will not be moving forward with the release of the film Gore, which was in post-production, starring and produced by Kevin Spacey.

For support and information, you can call the Freephone 24-hour National Domestic Violence Helpline, run in partnership between Refuge and Women’s Aid on 0808 2000 247.

You can also call the Men’s Advice Line (managed by Respect) on 0808 801 0327.



Please share with loved ones. from http://bit.ly/2Tn1PIh

Kevin Spacey ‘Hasn’t Been Seen Publicly In A Year’ Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown
 

Top