24 Hilarious Animal Comics That Highlight Everyday Struggles Of The Lower Class, By Mike Lewis (New Pics)

"The Bear Trap" comics by Mike Lewis present readers with satirical, philosophical, and a bit of slice-of-life-style humor that revolves "around two bears (father and son) and a ton of other animals."

The main characters, Paul and Rob, symbolize the experiences of lower-class citizens as they try to adapt to an ever-changing society. Their contradicting personalities result in hilarious interactions that we are sure you will enjoy!

So, without further ado, let's hop into the post and see what Mike has created since the last post.

More info: patreon.com | Instagram

#1

Image credits: the_bear_trap

Bored Panda once again reached out to Mike, who shared with us what has changed since the last post.

“A sense to do more, in terms of quality, not only in art style but writing, stylizing, etc. gives readers interesting topics, fun characters, everyday situations, scenarios, and colorful visuals. Keep readers thinking, laughing, and entertained,” wrote Mike.

#2

Image credits: the_bear_trap

#3

Image credits: the_bear_trap

We asked Mike to tell us how his style has evolved over time.

He responded: “My art is always evolving, but didn’t quite notice any changes until I compared old art to new. So it’s pretty hard to tell when and where exactly a key moment occurred. I know over time, my characters gained more life, were less stiff, spent more time on my backgrounds, etc. One significant recent improvement is my coloring… I’ve been playing with colors, trying new things, and breaking rules, often doing so when a character is responding with emotion. I find it fun, and hopefully gives the reader another reason to look forward to the next comic.”

#4

Image credits: the_bear_trap

#5

Image credits: the_bear_trap

Furthermore, Mike shared whether he has scrapped any comics and why.

“Yes, plenty of times. An idea goes through a scrapping process. If I feel an idea goes nowhere, has no value in reading it, or is possibly too offensive it gets put aside until I can figure out how to give it value and deliver it properly. It’s here where I ask myself if it’s worth working on it further.”

#6

Image credits: the_bear_trap

#7

Image credits: the_bear_trap

Regarding readers’ responses to Mike’s comics, he wrote: “Any engagement always makes me feel good, and I consider all responses gold, whether negative or positive... The thought of knowing you can even feel something after reading my comics is useful. If my comics aren’t your cup of tea, but you decided to drop a comment anyways means I at least reached you, I just hope you keep in mind that these comics are meant to see the funny side of things.”

#8

Image credits: the_bear_trap

#9

Image credits: the_bear_trap

We were curious if there were any artists or illustrators whose work had a profound effect on Mike.

The artist responded: “A quote by Pablo Picasso: ‘The world doesn’t make sense, so why should I paint pictures that do?’”

Lastly, Mike added: “First and foremost, thank you. It’s you who gives me the motivation to continue creating more. If you enjoyed these comics, be sure to follow me on Instagram, I post weekly there!”

#10

Image credits: the_bear_trap

#11

Image credits: the_bear_trap

#12

Image credits: the_bear_trap

#13

Image credits: the_bear_trap

#14

Image credits: the_bear_trap

#15

Image credits: the_bear_trap

#16

Image credits: the_bear_trap

#17

Image credits: the_bear_trap

#18

Image credits: the_bear_trap

#19

Image credits: the_bear_trap

#20

Image credits: the_bear_trap

#21

Image credits: the_bear_trap

#22

Image credits: the_bear_trap

#23

Image credits: the_bear_trap

#24

Image credits: the_bear_trap



from Bored Panda https://ift.tt/pnsuvZI
via Boredpanda

24 Hilarious Animal Comics That Highlight Everyday Struggles Of The Lower Class, By Mike Lewis (New Pics) Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown
 

Top