35 Facts That People Found Out Were False Way Too Late In Life, As Shared In This Online Community

When children are little and misbehave, parents often come up with little lies to make children do as they say. Or some parents have a twisted sense of humor and think that it’s funny their kids believe every ridiculous thing they say because their little ones haven’t developed critical thinking yet.

Most often kids are good at figuring out that something their parents told them was not necessarily true, but the problem is that this knowledge doesn’t come from the parents themselves, so it could be that their children still believe the nonsense they fed them.

It happens more often than you think, plus as children we have our own understanding of things that are not true but, in the eyes of a kid, seem logical. People shared what were some of the ridiculous beliefs they had for way too long, answering Johnnyboi1322's question.

Do you relate to any of them? What are some of the facts that you believed for embarrassingly too long? Let us know in the comments!

More info: Reddit

#1 That Adults Are Mature People

That adults are mature people

Image credits: Worldly-Eye2571

#2 That Quicksand And The Bermuda Triangle Would Be Huge Threats In Your Day To Day Adult Life

That quicksand and the Bermuda Triangle would be huge threats in your day to day adult life.

Image credits: RigasTelRuun

#3 That All The Nutrition In Bread Is In The Crust

When I was a kid, my mom always told me that all the nutrition in bread is in the crust, so she wouldn't have to keep cutting it off. Found out that wasn't true when I was 20, after bringing it up to some friends. I still get s**t for that.

Image credits: TheGriffnin

#4 That Dark Chocolate Is Poisonous To Children

My grandad loved dark chocolates. He always told my dad that dark chocolate is poisonous to children so he wouldn't take any. Trouble is, he never corrected him.

So, when my dad was 23 and at a friend's house, their toddler got hold of an after eight.

Cue my dad leaping from the couch, shouting "NO" and slapping the chocolate out of the toddler's hand.

Image credits: EmpressCheddarPickle

#5 That In Different Countries A Version Of Myself Was There

When I was younger I believed that in different countries a version of myself was there.

Ex* in France there would be a French version of myself living a regular life

Image credits: Warm-Presentation560

#6 That Pickles And Cucumbers Weren't The Same Thing

I had no clue that pickles and cucumbers were the same thing. I went to grow my first garden and commented that you can't find pickle seeds anywhere. /Facepalm

Image credits: mYl1ttl3PWNY

#7 That Spiders Have Big Territories

That spiders have big territories, so if your father eliminated the ENORMOUS spider in your room it was safe to go to bed, because there would be no other spiders in the WHOLE house.

Image credits: chrisseren1988

#8 Hat Eating Cold Turkey Somehow Helped People Quit Smoking

I used to think that eating cold turkey somehow helped people quit smoking.

Image credits: JLynn943

#9 Work Hard And Employers Will Look Out For You

Work hard and employers will look out for you.

Yes, I still work hard and do my job. And yes, there are good employers. Broad stroke statements don't truly work.

Image credits: PMyourTastefulNudes

#10 Touching A Baby Bird Will Make The Mother Abandon Them

Touching a baby bird will make the mother abandon them

Image credits: TurtlesTurnMeOn

#11 That Politicians Had Our Best Interests At Heart Because We Elected Them To Do So

That politicians had our best interests at heart because we elected them to do so.

Image credits: All_Your_Base

#12 That The Black Market Was An Actual Market You Could Go To In Egypt

That the black market was an actual market you could go to. I thought it was in Egypt or something. And would have black coloured stalls and sell crazy stuff.

Image credits: Crunchie2020

#13 Swallowing A Bubble Gum Would Remain Forever In Your Stomach

Swallowing a bubble gum would remain forever in your stomach

Image credits: pacerecon

#14 That Your Blood Is Blue Inside Your Body And It Only Turns Red When It’s Oxygenated

That your blood is blue inside your body and it only turns red when it’s oxygenated. I only learnt last year that it’s a myth. God, how stupid I feel ever thinking that was real.

Image credits: Airesy

#15 Hat Sneezing W My Eyes Open Would Make My Eyes Pop Out

that sneezing w my eyes open would make my eyes pop out

Image credits: zeliths

#16 That A Blanket Was A Viable Parachute When Jumping Off A Porch

A blanket was a viable parachute when jumping off a porch...

Image credits: Finalfantasylove85

#17 That Being Cold Gives You A Cold

Being cold gives you a cold

Image credits: Redditfront2back

#18 That Zig Zag Rolling Papers Were Little Bibles

When I was a kid I thought zig zag rolling papers were little bibles, cause the dude on the front looked like Jesus to me.

Image credits: IncomeNatural8178

#19 That College Will Guarantee You A Good Paying Job

College will guarantee you a good paying job

Image credits: Strafer789

#20 That Camels Store Water In Their Humps

That camels store water in their humps

Image credits: Mescaper

#21 That New Year's Fireworks Was For Sister's Birthday

Not me, but my sister is born on the 31 of december, so until her 5th birthday (I think), our father and I told her that all the fireworks were to celebrate her birthday.

Image credits: Hector_Tueux

#22 That Artichoke Hearts Were Toxic

That artichoke hearts were toxic. All because my dad wanted me and my brother to leave them for him.

Image credits: caryatidcorp

#23 Hat The Ice Cream Truck Only Played Music When It Was Out Of Ice Cream

I’m late to the party but my parents told me that the ice cream truck only played music when it was out of ice cream.

Image credits: popejiii

#24 That Horseshoe Crabs Had Poisonous Tails Like Stingrays And Could Sting You With Them

That horseshoe crabs had poisonous tails like stingrays and could sting you with them.

I literally thought this until yesterday

Image credits: Whedonsb***h

#25 That Eating A Seed Will Cause That Tree To Grow Inside The Stomach

Eating a seed will cause that tree to grow inside the stomach

Image credits: getthephenom

#26 That Ponies Are Just Teenage Horses

That ponies are just teenage horses.

Image credits: [deleted]

#27 That The Great Wall Of China Was Actually Built To Keep Rabbits Out Of All Their Crops

My dad told me as a young child that the Great Wall of China was actually built to keep rabbits out of all their crops. I told people that for years…

Image credits: ColoredVeins11

#28 That Eating My Vegetables Would Help Me Grow Big And Tall

Eating my vegetables would help me grow big and tall like my dad who’s 6’0

I’m a whopping 5’0 tall

Image credits: punkyspunk

#29 That Women Have 1 More Rib Than Men

That women have 1 more rib than men.

I spent 10 years being fed that this was true by the church because 'Adam gave his rib to Eve so she could bear children'.

I looked really stupid in anatomy class.

Image credits: Item_Successful

#30 That Microwaves Cause Cancer

I didn’t use a microwave until I was 13 because my parents thought it caused cancer.

Image credits: Greenmountainscdn

#31 That Banana Nut Muffins Where Made From A Banana Nut

Banana nut muffins where made from a Banana nut. Just a type of nut called Banana nut. I was 17 years old when I learned they were made from bananas and nuts.

Image credits: IFrickinLoveP**n

#32 I Thought Milk Was Cow Pee

I thought milk was cow pee until I was like 8; idk it just made sense to me & I never questioned it

Image credits: ArmyDudeDave

#33 That When Blind People Put On Sunglasses, They Can See

I thought that when blind people put on sunglasses, they can see

Image credits: HuffyBumblebee

#34 Fthat Freddy Mercury And Tim Curry Were Cousins

I spent way too long absolutely certain that Freddy Mercury and Tim Curry were cousins.

Image credits: dontgetcutewithme

#35 That Cottage Cheese Was In Fact Not Cheese, And Grew On Cottage Walls

I thought for an embarrassing amount of time that cottage cheese was in fact not cheese, and grew on cottage walls.

Image credits: blatantlyme



from Bored Panda https://bit.ly/3O5TwwJ
via Boredpanda

35 Facts That People Found Out Were False Way Too Late In Life, As Shared In This Online Community Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown
 

Top