33 Reasons Why People Enjoy Wearing Masks For Non-Covid Reasons, As Shared By Folks Online

While professions like doctor and engineer have been, for safety and security reasons, making their workers wear masks, the pandemic has pretty much made it into a standard thing, so for most it has felt quite unreal to be wearing them everywhere they went.

However, while it is a bit of an inconvenience—especially for those who wear glasses—the pros surely outweigh the cons, and there is actually quite a sizable number of people who enjoy wearing a mask, and would most likely continue wearing them for non-COVID reasons.

People of Reddit have been discussing just that—reasons why people like to wear masks, outside necessity due to the pandemic. And, believe it or not, quite a lot of people found ample reasons to wear a mask, sharing these reasons with the internet.

Bored Panda has collected the best and most interesting answers to the AskReddit question what’s a non-COVID reason that you like wearing a mask for? and created a curated list that you can find below. So, check it out, vote, comment, and let us know if you prefer wearing a mask more than just to keep yourself safe from airborne diseases.

More Info: Reddit

#1

Its nice and warm in the winter

Image credits: pieremaan

#2

I'm a fresh heart transplant patient and I'm required to wear one in public for the first year. Not strictly COVID, but literally any pissbaby infection that most anyone can shrug off could end me at this stage.

Image credits: MikoRiko

#3

It hides my teeth

Image credits: salmonsensual_69

#4

I can talk to myself without people seeing my mouth move.

Image credits: Weak_suicide

#5

I have pollen allergies, mask helps a TON

Image credits: UnclePiccolo

#6

No one thinks I'm a Trump supporter

Image credits: dirtyswrk

#7

Hides my acne

Image credits: gabrielcutler21

#8

Black mask goes hard with my outfit and hairstyle

Image credits: pineapple_boiii

#9

Don’t have to put on a full face of makeup. Fill in my eyebrows, put on mascara and I’m good!

Image credits: tofueggs

#10

Whenever I’m concentrating or working on a task I tend to stick my tongue out or leave my mouth open and I really like it when people don’t see that

Image credits: Conscious_Fondant634

#11

Covers my double chin

Image credits: Catlover2727

#12

Wearing a mask gives my completely deaf right ear something worthwhile to do. As I can't hear anything through it, that ear's only other function is to add handsomeness and symmetry.

Image credits: nosnowtho

#13

I was in New York a month ago (I live in Florida). It wasn’t cold enough for New Yorkers to wear scarfs yet, but it felt like it to me because I live in the south. So wearing a face mask was a handy way to warm my face without looking like a tourist lol

Image credits: selfmade117

#14

I don't have to mind my expression as much. Like... normally, people can see your mouth and it's expected to have certain expressions. I don't have to sweat that as much with a mask on.

Image credits: grombleduke

#15

Nasty smell in subway

Image credits: ChristianaDarkness

#16

Defeats the facial recognition software.

Image credits: rschoppe2

#17

Nobody notices if I didn't shave

Image credits: paulfromatlanta

#18

Hiding my face. Just going about my business, DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Image credits: Warlord_of_Mom

#19

It greatly decreases the amount of times that I've been told by men to, "SMILE".

Image credits: TempestuousKat

#20

If I'm not feeling a tinder date I just put my mask on for the walk back to the bus/taxi/car and I don't have to worry about him going in for the kiss! If I like him I leave it off, it is great!

Image credits: Username3029

#21

thecheese14326 said:
Anxiety

bitfarb replied:
This right here. Combined with my hat I feel so much more comfortable doing my shopping. I'm out in the open, but still in my protective cocoon. Covid has been nothing but stress, but oddly it's the most comfortable and confident I've felt in public.

Image credits: thecheese14326

#22

Protection from other illnesses too like during flu season. So many people go out and about even while sick without a mask (pre covid). I wish it could become a new normal to wear a mask if you're feeling sick and have to go out, even after mask mandates end.

Image credits: 123triceratops

#23

Asthma. Breathing is easier if I don’t have to smell peoples crappy perfume.

Image credits: LiteratureOk1832

#24

Mouthing along to the song I’m singing in my head without getting weird looks

Image credits: Proffessor_egghead

#25

i can fall asleep in class without people seeing my drool (or my bad sleeping face)

Image credits: wandaddy

#26

It keeps me from biting my nails or anxiously picking my face.

Image credits: kodex1717

#27

I drink coffee and don't have the best oral hygiene. Used to be that sometimes I'd realize that my breath was bad while talking and it would destroy my confidence. Now the mask takes care of that. Not only does it mask the odor well, but it makes me more cognizant of it. And my oral hygiene has actually improved for it...

Image credits: Gr1pp717

#28

Am autistic, makes it much easier to be around people because you don't have to worry about what your face is doing.

Image credits: reversedposterior

#29

It allows me to pull faces at people who annoy me at the grocery store without repercussions. Which actually makes the whole process more pleasant.

Image credits: Oeebag-a-donuts

#30

I have a massive gag reflex that gets really sensitive in the winter, especially when moving from a warm air environment out into a cold air environment. Winter for me means painful retching and a bit of vomiting 2 to 3 times a day since I was 14 (27 now). Since wearing masks, the air I breathe is warmer and my gag-reflex calms down.

Also, with an FFP2 mask, no more black bogies bogeys when using the London Underground.

In the summer, it reduced my hay fever symptoms massively.

Image credits: FlatTyres

#31

My room is dry and I have been having a lot of bloody noses..if I wear a mask to bed the dry air doesn’t get to my nose and it keeps my face warm lol

Image credits: nisquik

#32

Talking with myself in the streets and laughing at my own jokes

Image credits: VisualCheesecake5676

#33

GypsyRainCND said:
Privacy

TacticalPenisPump replied:
I'm kind of shocked that this isn't one of the top answers. I value my privacy so I like it for that. Not that I am running from the law or do anything wrong. I just don't think anything that I can help is anyone else's business.

Image credits: GypsyRainCND



from Bored Panda https://bit.ly/3sCVVH6
via Boredpanda

33 Reasons Why People Enjoy Wearing Masks For Non-Covid Reasons, As Shared By Folks Online Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown
 

Top