Hey Pandas, What’s Something That Makes You Nostalgic?

What’s something that makes you nostalgic and brings back memories?

#1

Hearing music I used to listen to in the past

#2

The smell of the earth//soil when it's rain

#3

Photos of my childrens when they were younger.

#4

My postcard collection! My nan sent them to me since i was a baby, shes passed away now but i love looking at my lifetimes worth of postcards from her ?

#5

When I get to visit the places where I used to live before.

#6

Smells!
The smell of pollon reminds me of cycling in spring, fences lit up by radient hedge roses and the leaves finally growing back.
Smelling fried fat reminds me of going out to lunch with friends in small shops on cloudy days, when the buildings would fade into the sky
And best of all is the smell of an old friend!

#7

Finding my old things. They had been hidden away for so long!

#8

when i see my aging mother

#9

Watching old movies and shows I watched when I was younger.

#10

rainy days

#11

80s references and classical Christmas music- my mom and I used to go to a yearly Christmas symphony

#12

Speaking from a musician perspective, every time I hear or even just see a piece that I have performed before, it takes me back to when I played it.

#13

When I see children going/studying in my old school.

#14

The forest.
Swimming in a pond on a hot day.
Hotdogs around the fire that evening, cold from the pond, warm from the fire, with fireflies all around.

#15

The smell of concrete during spring
Video games is use to play as a teen
Food i haven't eat in a long time

#16

The smell of a pizza restaurant. Not just the pizza. The old carpet that has absorbed the smell of pizza…and the spilled soft drinks, the occasional fires, etc.

#17

Smelling a box of Crayola Crayons or pencil shavings. It reminds me of drawing things as a kid. Crayolas used to be made with Beef Fat, and had a very distinct smell. They changed that to some kind of artificial substance a long time ago and it's not the same. Ditto with pencil shavings. They used to make pencils out of a type of Cedar (maybe some still do) but now a lot are plastic or cheaper wood.

#18

Reading letters I used to send and receive from my cousins when we were very little.

#19

Listening to old music, finding my old possessions, reuniting with old friends.

#20

Listening to George Carlin. I had some great road trips plugging in the iPod and laughing the whole way.

#21

Listening to bands I have seen live, brings back memories of when I went to concerts and music festivals.

#22

The smell of Christmas. Once my dad was walking my brother and I to the bus stop before school and I hugged him and I smelt Christmas somehow. I don't know how to describe it but in May I smelt Christmas and I loved it.

#23

When my whole family used to go to the caravan park every summer. My kids growing up. Meeting my partner.

#24

Playgrounds with, swings, and the "death by" merry go round, we were silly enough to play on.

#25

The beauty of a cherry plump tree. The best years of my youth always had one in it.

#26

The smell of funnel cakes. Every fair & carnival had them when I was a kid in the northeast U.S.

#27

Seeing a picture of the skyline of Dallas TX. Life was so very wonderful when I lived there. I miss everything and everybody, especially my wonderful nephew. Having to move away I missed so much of his life. ?. My quilt. After my mom died I took many pieces of clothing of both hers and my dad's. I cut them into squares, and having never made a quilt before, still, I put all these squares together and made one. Each square has a significance all it's own. I love to run my hands over it.

#28

Seeing spaces like abandoned malls where I used to shop as a kid or photos of old classroom that remind me of being in school.

#29

My high school picture

#30

pre-Covid vacation

#31

A time without woke hashtag activism and "powerful" speeches,no tiktok,no "this must go viral" movement or prank.Some things just were more organic and had its own flow

#32

Weather. I'll go outside on a day with a particular kind of weather and it reminds me of some day in the past when the weather was identical.

#33

Music, old music, when I was younger (1st to 3rd grade), I used to live by the sea where my mom were friends with my friend's mom. There was karaoke, huge TVs, monitors with games, a PS4...live was good. I miss those days, now I'm crying

#34

Looking at old family photos. Most of my family lives far away or has passed on. Just seeing these photographs can bring back memories, smells, and much more that had been long forgotten.

#35

Uncovering Nintendo Cartridges every few years, the smell of a pine forest, music!

#36

Nostalgia is a yearning to relive the past, not merely a memory of it, so nothing.

#37

The smell of ketchup... French fries with frankfurters and ketchup = Childhood ski holidays!

#38

The sound of a tent zipper. Makes me think about camping with my family when i was younger.

#39

Smells get me going. Love's Baby Soft, coconut tanning oil, huffing the kid's trickortreat bag

#40

how aging makes you unrecognizable

#41

Definitely a long conversation with someone whom I have known since years

#42

SPORE's music. It all f*cking slaps. Same goes for rollercoaster Tycoon 3 and Simcity Societies.

#43

Being in specific places that give me nostalgia

#44

A madeleine. Yours, Proust.

#45

When you go to the doctors office and see the little bead rings we all used to play with as little kids

#46

Putting on my soccer boots and stepping onto the grass. I played a lot when I was at Uni and I made so many great friends.

I haven't played in ages because...you know...adulthood...but I always feel a wave of nostalgia whenever I gear up.

#47

The scent of Star Jasmine/Night-blooming Jasmine (I’ve heard it called both), which was the scent of my dearly beloved grandparents’ front stairs.

#48

old minecraft versions

from Bored Panda https://bit.ly/3hGsCwf
via Boredpanda

Hey Pandas, What’s Something That Makes You Nostalgic? Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown
 

Top