Men Online Share 25 Things Other Men Do That Annoy Them

Things like social norms, culture, ego, opinion, and a slew of other things are making things difficult when it comes to fostering a healthy and respectful society, especially when it comes to inter-gender relations.

But keep in mind that though things can be hard to change, especially if they’re on such a massive scale, it's not impossible. Just gonna require more effort.

To illustrate some of the most change-worthy things, Reddit user u/Pitiful_Airline1092 recently went to the Ask Reddit community and asked its men to share things they find most irksome or flat-out angering in other men.

Image Credits: Troy Williams

Nearly 25,000 comments and over 53,000 upvotes later, the post went viral. Check out the most spot-on answers to the question in our curated list below. And while you’re down there, upvote and discuss these submissions in the comment section below!

More Info: Reddit

#1

When they say they are babysitting their own children.

#2

I used to buy my ex fiancé flowers every other week. I did it to show I cared and because it helped uplift our living space. Every time without fail if I’d pass some random old guy they’d laugh at me, ask what I’d done wrong, say ‘oooh someone’s in trouble’, or just imply that I’ve somehow been emasculated. Like for f**k sake it could be for someone’s grave for all you know.

Im 6’4, tatted, generally pretty high testosterone type guy, but I don’t ever need to justify any of my actions to the imaginary high-council of manly men. You can bench press a defeated mountain lion in the morning and unwind with a pina colada in the bubble Bath while wearing a charcoal face mask in the evening, the two are not related at all.

#3

WASH YOUR F*****G HANDS AFTER USING THE RESTROOM GODDAMNIT!!! WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?!?

#4

When they try to act tough, like aggressive tough.

Buddy, you aren’t badass, you’re acting like a child with a temper.

#5

Guys that become completely different when there's no women around. Guy at work is always nice to his female co-workers. Second they're gone, they're a bunch of dumb b*****s in need of his manly love. I've heard him tell women that his having 3 sisters gives him a great respect for them. He also told me (when the ladies weren't around) that having 3 sisters gives him insight to their weaknesses and allows him to easily take advantage of them.

#6

How some men have no problem going after another man's GF or spouse, but they go psycho if it happens to them.

#7

How guys handle rejection. Lots of women are outright scared to directly turn down a man's advances, because some will harass them or get violent. I think it's one of the big reasons ghosting has become such a common thing in dating.

#8

That every one of my previous partners has been sexually assaulted by other men. Knowing how some guy out there has treated a kind, loving woman in that way makes me furious that they feel entitled to do that because they are a man. What was probably a momentary pleasure for him is a pain those women carry with them years on and all I can do is try and restore their faith in my gender through my own actions.

#9

Men who refuse to call out their male friends for their s****y behavior. I know so many guys who keep one s****y dude in their friend group just because it’d be “weird” to call them out on their misogynistic, racist, or homophobic behavior.

#10

The older I get the more I am hating men revving their loud cars and motorcycles. I live in a pretty busy area of Dallas and especially at night they just love to show off and screech their tires and rev their loud mufflers to where the whole area can hear it. I am getting too old for that s**t. And sorry if this is sexist but you know it ain't women. It's definitely men.

#11

Older men hate taking instruction from young guys like myself in the trades. Instead of dropping their ego and feelings at the door, they come in with no experience and wont allow me to teach them... it's a lot of patience and I find it very frustrating. You may be older but shut the f**k up and let me teach you something bud.

#12

Guys who s**t on what other people like and don’t like of because of stupid macho bulls**t.

#13

I’ve never understood why some guys do that. How the f**k do you think that’s an opening move for trying to get a woman into you? “Hi how are you? D**k pic!”

It’s very different if you’re a couple and/or she asks or you already know she likes that sort of thing. But sending unsolicited d**k pics to women you don’t know is technically a crime and just a douchebag move.

#14

Having to know EVERYTHING, or out-expert each other. When did it become “unmanly” to say “I don’t know”?

#15

Dudes who would rather put you down for not knowing every single detail about something rather then genuinely trying to help teach others and spread information. And if they do manage to give a hell to help, they for whatever reason, have to have this demeaning, belittling tone.

#16

Men who can't clean their own mess, do their laundry, cook their own food, being a functional adult basically.

I used to live with 3 other people, 2 men and one woman, the guys couldn't help keeping the house clean even if their lives depended on it. One of them would help if pressured (but I'd had to clean everything again because he had such low cleaning standards) but the other one wouldn't pick up a broom.

#17

Guys that behave desperate around women and won't stop hitting on them even if they clearly aren't interested.

I once nearly got into a fight because this one guy was hitting on a good friend of mine and tried to get her attention by stealing her stuff, and when I stopped him he got really angry...

#18

Men that think it's "unmanly" to drink delicious cocktails. Why is it suddenly unmanly to have a sweet tooth when it comes to drinks? I mean you don't go to someones wedding and then say "ha cake? No way I'm a real man".

#19

I don't have much to complain about my guy friends, however, I just hate some men who, when in a group, keep trying to establish dominance. They usually do that by being loud, interrupting people and laughing at you, instead of laughing with you.

#20

Guys who peacock their extravagant purchases.

#21

Squirrel563 said:
Some get annoyed at other guys for having fun when you’re out....having fun.

Spin81 replied:
In the same vein, guys who can't go out for drinks without picking a fight.

#22

That if you compliment someone's appearance, either male or female, they automatically assume that you're hitting on them

#23

The obsession with sports, cars, beer, and other "manly" things to the point that they think anyone who doesn't share it should be pressured into it, is trying to insult their personality by not caring about the same thing, or is a sissy

#24

Those who aren't comfortable with their own masculinity that they question yours.

#25

The creepy and inappropriate questions and comments the older men make to the young bartenders where I work.

from Bored Panda https://bit.ly/3y6x7qm
via Boredpanda

Men Online Share 25 Things Other Men Do That Annoy Them Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown
 

Top