I Breathe New Life Into Vintage Watch Parts By Turning Them Into Steampunk Sculptures (41 Pics)

My name is Dan Tanenbaum and I’m a technology entrepreneur with a creative edge. I’ve been a collector of fine timepieces for around 20 years now and have always been fascinated by the intricacies of the movements powering such precision and accuracy.

When timepieces are taken to the watchmaker, some of these incredible pieces are discarded and thrown away. I wanted to breathe new life into these pieces allowing them to live on in a different form.

When I come home from work, I spend time with my family and then I’m off to my workshop tinkering with various watch parts. I started building miniature motorcycles exclusively using these watch parts. As I continued to build these tiny motorcycles, I started to make them more and more intricate. Each creation would take 30-50 hours to complete depending on the size and intricacies of the build. Within the last couple of years, I turned my attention to encrusting various iconic objects like skulls, vinyl figures, cameras, and Star Wars characters. With a niche following for these one-of-a-kind steampunk creations, I continue to focus on producing more intricate work as my art continues to evolve.

More info: Instagram

#1

#2

#3

#4

#5

#6

#7

#8

#9

#10

#11

#12

#13

#14

#15

#16

#17

#18

#19

#20

#21

#22

#23

#24

#25

#26

#27

#28

#29

#30

#31

#32

#33

#34

#35

#36

#37

#38

#39

#40

#41



from Bored Panda http://bit.ly/2N7Eg6w
via Boredpanda

I Breathe New Life Into Vintage Watch Parts By Turning Them Into Steampunk Sculptures (41 Pics) Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown
 

Top