Ricky Gervais Says His New Show Is Better Than The Office

rickyger

Netflix / BBC

Will it ever beat putting a stapler in some jelly though? I’m not sure. Ricky Gervais, however, reckons his next show is one of the best things he’s ever done.

While announcing his new show, After Life, Ricky Gervais took the time to reply to a fair few comments from fans keen to find out more about the programme.

Coming to Netflix in March, the streaming service’s description reads: ‘A devastated widower adopts a “nothing to lose” approach to life that causes him to make unexpected new connections.’

Gervais, however, decided to share a few more details.

Taking to Twitter, the comedian wrote:

My wife’s dead. I can’t wait to join her. My dad has dementia. His nurse hates me. I work for a local, free newspaper, and deal with morons all day. I’m going to get drunk and take out my anger on every shitty person I meet before I kill myself. #AfterLife on Netflix. March 8th.

Concerned that Gervais’ best work was The Office and always will be, fans were quick to reply.

One person simply wrote:

This ought to be good….

Being nothing if not confident in his work, Gervais responded, saying:

It’s the best thing I’ve ever done.

Picking up on the perceived tone of the new show, someone wrote:

I love television with a positive upbeat message. Thanks @rickygervais for showing me what that doesn’t look like.

To which Gervais responded:

Its really honest and ultimately uplifting. I swear to you.

Another person asked Gervais:

seriously? Saying it’s your best work is some statement. Is this plugging the show or can it really be better than The Office

Going beyond his promotional duties, the comedian responded:

I should say favourite I guess as its all so subjective. But yes, it is better in some ways for sure.

And, clarifying the show for a fan who asked whether it was ‘a comedy or a serious role’, Gervais said:

Both. Just like life.

He’s obviously got a lot to say about it, I mean it probably would have been easier to just do an interview rather than all these tweets, but still, the promo seems to be working for him.

Another asked:

Is it a little bit like “one flew over the cuckoo’s nest”?

To which Gervais replied:

In tone, yes. That’s a great shout actually as that was my favourite film for about 10 years.

After Life will star Gervais in the lead role, but also features some familiar faces from his other shows too. Tony Way (Derek) and comedians Joe Wilkinson and Kerry Godliman star, as well as Penelope Wilton (Downton Abbey, Shaun of the Dead) and David Bradley (Game of Thrones).

Speaking about the new cast, Gervais said, via NME:

This cast combines the best of the new breed of great British comedy talent with some of the wonderful alumni of my previous shows.

As well as starring in it, Gervais is also set to direct and executive produce the series, which runs for six episodes.

After Life will be available on Netflix from March 8.

If you have a story you want to tell send it to UNILAD via stories@unilad.co.uk



Please share with loved ones. from http://bit.ly/2UqEsNH

Ricky Gervais Says His New Show Is Better Than The Office Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown
 

Top