‘Santa Baby’ Has Been Given A Feminist Update By Miley Cyrus

Miley B

Miley Cyrus releases feminist Santa Baby.The Jimmy Fallon Show

Fairy-lights, festivities and *record scratch* feminism? You might think it can’t be done, but this is exactly the tipple Miley Cyrus is pouring in our Christmas cocktails.

Appearing on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, the 26-year-old songstress joined her collaborator Mark Ronson to deliver an updated version of Santa Baby.

Swapping the suggestive lines for lyrics promoting female empowerment, this equally tinselly tune has proved popular with viewers.

So without further adieu, here are the lyrics to Miley Cyrus‘ new, updates version of Christmassy classic Santa Baby:

Santa, baby, I hear you’ve got some presents
For me, Miley
I’ve been an awfully good girl,
Santa baby, so hurry down the chimney tonight

Santa, baby, I don’t fancy any fancy jewellery, not me
I’ve got something else in mind
Santa baby, and i don’t need your presents tonight

Don’t want diamonds, cash or stocks
nothing that comes in a box
no more fluff, I’ve had enough
and I can buy my own damn stuff.

The lyrics continue in a similarly empowering vein, boasting of Miley’s ‘baller car’ and lack of Elf help:

Santa baby, I’ve got a baller car of my own,
No loans,
And I bought it myself
Santa baby, with zero help from Elf on the Shelf

Listen Santa to what I say
A girl’s best friend is equal pay
Stop interrupting me when i talk
And don’t text me pictures of your–

Santa baby, I’d love to know my ass won’t get grabbed
At work
By some ignorant jerk
Tell the dirtbags, to put away their chimneys tonight

Sorry, Santa
Just put away your chimney tonight!

Just put away your chimney tonight!

You can watch Miley’s girl power packed rendition below:

Plenty have people have enjoyed Miley’s fresh and funny take on this sing-along-favourite, particularly enjoying the no effs given line ‘Just put away your chimney tonight!’

One person commented:

I haven’t been in the spirit of Christmas at all this month, and five days before Christmas I’m finally feeling the spirit thanks to this video.

Another independent woman applauded:

When she said she can buy her own stuff… YESSS QUEEN

Many people also enjoyed Mark Ronson’s sweetly ‘awkward’ contribution to the video, with one person commenting:

Miley’s influence is doing Mark good. His awkward self is so adorable!!!

Another Mark admirer said:

Mark is so awkward! I love him!

Which version do you prefer?

If you have a story you want to tell send it to UNILAD via stories@unilad.co.uk



Please share with loved ones. from http://bit.ly/2rOJjMl

‘Santa Baby’ Has Been Given A Feminist Update By Miley Cyrus Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown
 

Top