Neighbours Tell Woman Her Dragon Decorations Are ‘Inappropriate’ So She ‘Fixes’ Them

48375007_10217681737814670_4676174853592580096_n

Who doesn’t love Christmas decorations? Probably all the poor souls who have to put them up. But from a spectator’s standpoint… Wow! What a lovely sight. 

A woman by the name of Diana Rowland loves them. Maybe in not the most traditional sense, but the thought is there all the same.

Her festive display features dragons instead your standard Santa’s and Baby Jesus’, and it’s rubbed some people up the wrong way.

First off, take a look for yourselves: 

I am proud to present the new and improved and ultra-christmasified holiday display! (h/t to my sister for providing the two christmas dragons!)

Posted by Diana Rowland on Saturday, 15 December 2018

Diana later wrote:

Our dragon holiday display got fan mail! (And apparently the “true meaning of Christmas” involves judgemental bullsh*t?) I’m also not sue I understand how the dragons are only marginally acceptable at Halloween. I guess they think I need MORE dragons??

An angry fan letter read:

Your dragon display is only marginally acceptable at Halloween. It is totally inappropriate at Christmas. It makes your neighbours wonder if you are involved in a demonic cult.

Please consider removing the dragons.

May God bless you and help you to know the true meaning of Christmas.

In the spirit of neighborhood harmony, I have placed halos on the dragons. They are now angels. Ezekial 1:1-28. I'll fight anyone who says different. 😊

Posted by Diana Rowland on Saturday, 15 December 2018

Despite the hate, Diana had many social media users coming out in here defence, with one saying, ‘Your neighbour is a tool.’

Another joked: ‘I think the problem your neighbour has with the display is that you have three wise dragons, but no bay Jesus dragon, or Mary and Joseph dragons. It is an incomplete dragon nativity.’

Since then, Diana has received a huge number of donations for her to buy even more dragons.

Posted by Diana Rowland on Friday, 14 December 2018

She wrote:

Hi, everyone! I’ve been getting a number of messages about donations or GoFundMes for MORE DRAGONS, and as much as I’m tempted to fill my entire yard with ALL THE DRAGONS, I believe that the Christmas season should be about joy and charity.

Therefore, I would much rather people take the money they might put toward my dragon army and donate it to a worthy organisation, such as a local food bank or shelter, or programs for underprivileged kids, etc. Therefore, in the name of MY DRAGON ARMY, I invite you all to leave a link in the comments to your preferred charity. Or, if you don’t have a fave charity, please feel free to leave a gif or video that always makes you smile and brings you joy.

Merry holidays, y’all!!

Keep doing you, Diana. And Merry Christmas.

If you have a story you want to tell send it to UNILAD via stories@unilad.co.uk



Please share with loved ones. from http://bit.ly/2S2vsxo

Neighbours Tell Woman Her Dragon Decorations Are ‘Inappropriate’ So She ‘Fixes’ Them Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown
 

Top