Backpack Kid Suing Fortnite And NBA For Using The Floss Dance

Floss

Floss Dance @BuzzfeedMultiplayer/@YouTube/Epic Games

Whatever happened to the days when dancing was for everyone? An everyday joy, free of charge? 

Look, I’m no Michael Flatley, but I’ve almost definitely created a signature dance move while out on the lash in my salad days. There’s no question of it.

Am I looking for money whenever other people do it? No. It’s a compliment bro.

Backpack Kid doesn’t think so. Remember him? Me neither. He’s the person who apparently started the floss dance which took 2018 by the ponytail.

The 16-year-old is suing Fortnite – according to TMZ – for the game using the move.

It’s not only him. Alfonso Ribeiro yesterday filed a lawsuit against Epic Games – who created the stupidly popular multi-player game – claiming the company used his character Carlton Banks’ dance move.

According to TMZ, Ribeiro says Fortnite released a new dance players can perform called the ‘Fresh emote’ which came out on Jan 2, 2018.

On top of this, he claims to be in the process of copyrighting the dance.

Despite being so protective, he confessed to ABC last year he was tired of being synonymous with the routine.

He explained:

I get asked to do the dance every day I leave the house. So the only day in my life where I’m not going to get asked to do that dance is if I stay home.

Some days I’m in a good mood, and some days I’m not in as good of a mood. And I might have a nice comeback for them.

Every once in a while, I will say to people — when I’m just, like, in a bad mood, I’m like, ‘You do realize you just asked a black man to dance for you, right?’ And they’re like, ‘No, no! I didn’t mean it that way!’ [sic]

And I’m like, ‘Nah! I’m just messing with you. I’m just messing with you. But I just wanted you to think about it for a second. Just for one second!’

NBC

He continued:

I never want to take away their enjoyment of the moment. But … I’m not a dancing puppet. We’re not going to be actually dancing for people all day long.

Ribeiro continued, advising fans to opt for sitting ‘there and not ask. And it will be the same reality, because I ain’t dancing for you.’

Which one is it lad? Can’t have it both ways. Same goes for you Backpack Kid.

If you have a story you want to tell send it to UNILAD via stories@unilad.co.uk



Please share with loved ones. from http://bit.ly/2Gy0L1N

Backpack Kid Suing Fortnite And NBA For Using The Floss Dance Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown
 

Top