Michael Bublé Tears Up As He Accepts Star On Hollywood Walk Of Fame

Michael Buble tears 2

Michael Buble Accepts StarGetty

Michael Bublé accepted a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame yesterday (November 16) and welled up as he spoke about his wife and children.

The Canadian singer received the honour on the same day of the release of his latest studio album, Love, giving an emotional speech as he accepted it.

His wife, Luisana Lopilato, was sitting in the audience and could be seen wiping tears from her eyes as he praised her throughout his speech.

As seen on the Variety live stream, the 43-year-old thanked God for getting him the honour before going on to thank his family.

In particular his wife, who he thanked for being his ‘hero’ and his ‘rock’ – saying words cannot describe what the couple had been through together.

He said:

The longer I live, the more I realise that love isn’t free. Love has a great cost. The more you love, the more you hurt.

When I woke up this morning, I thought about that because I thought that for all of you people — all of those people who have loved me and supported me through the good times and the bad, I would risk that love a million times over for all of you. So thank you so much for that great honour today.

Michael Buble Accepts StarGetty

He is, of course, referring to the heartbreak his family have been through following his five-year-old son’s diagnosis with liver cancer two years ago.

The star went on to mention Noah and Vida, his two children, saying:

My children, who have given me a purpose for life and have made days like this even sweeter… I can truly understand how beautiful the good moments are.

Five-year-old Noah has thankfully been given the all clear, but Bublé announced his retirement from music last month, deciding to concentrate instead on his family.

The singer, who’s won four Grammys and sold over 75 million records, said he will retire following the release of one final album, Love, which was released yesterday.

michael buble noahGetty

Bublé said he’ll stop doing interviews, as well as stop using social media. The star revealed the news in an emotional interview with the Daily Mail, explaining he no longer ‘has the stomach’ to have a very public life.

Speaking about his son’s diagnosis and how it impacted him, Bublé said:

Going through this with Noah, I didn’t question who I was, I just questioned everything else. Why are we here? It’s been such a difficult exercise. It hurts me, and it hurts to talk about Noah because it’s not my story to tell, it’s his.

But my whole being’s changed. My perception of life. I don’t know if I can even get through this conversation without crying. And I’ve never lost control of my emotions in public.

Michael Buble Accepts StarGetty

No matter what Michael does in the future, we hope he has every success in his retirement and wish Noah all the very best in his recovery.

If you’ve been affected by any of these issues, and want to speak to someone in confidence contact Macmillan’s Cancer Support Line on 0808 808 00 00 (Monday – Friday, 9am – 8pm).



Please share with loved ones. from http://bit.ly/2QRxC2v

Michael Bublé Tears Up As He Accepts Star On Hollywood Walk Of Fame Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown
 

Top