Girl Wanted To Find Friend From Holiday In 2006 So The Internet Made It Happen

Making friends – or more ;) – on holiday is something we’ve all done. Hell, it’s impossible not to. Being abroad, in the sun, with no responsibilities… you’re not exactly gonna be a d*ck to the people around you.

Whether it’s in the salad days of your childhood, or around the all-inclusive pool as an adult, holiday friendships boast an irresistible clause: you’ll never know the person long enough to realise you actually hate them. Life uh, uh… finds a way!

Me? Yeah I’ve made bags of mates, male and female, while letting my hair down on the Continent and beyond. But one in particular stands out.

The name evades me but there was this holiday site I went to in France back in 2006 and over the course of a week I got pally with a few lads in the swimming arena (genuinely don’t know what to call them?) through our mutual obsession with the race slide (which hopefully has since been banned – was absolutely lethal). Four years later, there I am at college talking to my mate Simon.

We get on to the topic of France, as teenagers tend to do, and tell each other about our trips back in 2k6. After three or four similarities it occurred to us we were both there, at the exact same time, racing each other down the slide.

Granted, this was only a four-year break and not quite as sentimental as the following. Still, small world innit?

Anyway, let me introduce you to Heidi and Brianna! These two became inseparable during one dinner cruise in Honolulu, Hawaii back in – that’s right – 2006 but sadly parted ways never to come across one another again. Until now!

On November 24, Brianna put out a Twitter appeal in the hope of locating Heidi and catching up and times gone by.

She wrote: 

Hey twitter, I met this girl on a dinner cruise in Hawaii in 2006. We were basically best friends for that night so I need y’all to help me find my best friend cause I miss her and I need to see how she’s doing now. Please retweet this so we can be reunited.

Nineteen-year-old Brianna told BuzzFeed News:

I don’t think there were many kids our age on this particular dinner cruise so I guess we just found each other and stuck together the whole time. The other night I was going through old scrapbooks and watching vacation videos and I saw her. So I was like: Wow let’s see if Twitter can find her for me…

Within 12 hours, Heidi has responded. ‘Heard you were looking for me’ she wrote in response holding up a picture of her as a kid on the cruise for proof.

Hampton University student Brianna said she was shocked at how quickly the word had spread and Heidi had chimed in.

‘I honestly thought it would take at least a week to find her. The internet is so amazing and showed that it really is a small world after all,’ she added.

The pair have caught up on life and ‘school and everything.’

Amazing what social media can achieve.

If you have a story you want to tell send it to UNILAD via stories@unilad.co.uk



Please share with loved ones. from http://bit.ly/2PWQosP

Girl Wanted To Find Friend From Holiday In 2006 So The Internet Made It Happen Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown
 

Top